Calcium (Citrate/Malate) by Vital Nutrients is a highly bioavailable source of calcium that is easy for the body to absorb and utilise. Calcium is particularly important for bone health but it is also needed for many other physiological processes.
- May help to promote strong bones and teeth
- Supports healthy heart function
- May help to support a healthy colon
- May help to support a healthy mood during the menstrual cycle
- May help to reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis
- May be beneficial for post-menopausal women
Calcium is found in dairy products, green leafy vegetables and some fortified foods, such as plant based drinks. However, some people may have an additional need for calcium and may need to boost their intake through supplementation. A calcium supplement may be beneficial for pre-menopausal women, to strengthen bones and support peak bone mass. It may be particularly beneficial for those at higher risk of osteoporosis, such as post-menopausal women, and elderly men and women. Osteoporosis is a disease that leads to weakening of the bones, which increases the risk of fractures. Calcium is also an important mineral for the heart and ensuring that it is functioning optimally.
Suggested use is 2 capsules twice daily.