Folinic Acid by Seeking Health is a form of folate that is methyl-free and suitable for those who have problems tolerating a methylated form of folate, such as methylfolate. Folinic Acid can be readily converted into methylfolate in the body.
- May support a healthy nervous system
- May help to support methylation
- May help to support cell health
- Can be used alongside other suitable prenatal supplements as part of a prenatal regimen
- May support DNA biosynthesis
- Provides a potent dose of methyl-free folate as folinic acid
Folate is a water soluble B vitamin, therefore needs to be consumed every day to maintain adequate levels, as it cannot be stored in the body. Some people are sensitive to the active form of folate, methylfolate, which can cause side effects such as headaches, nervousness, or a rapid heartbeat. Folinic acid provides an excellent methyl-free alternative for these individuals, whilst still providing folate in a highly bioavailable form, supporting optimal methylation, homocysteine levels, and energy. Folate is one of the most important nutrients to be taken prior to conception and is recommended to be taken 3 months prior to planning to conceive and throughout the first trimester, to reduce the risk of neural tube defects in the developing foetus.
Suggested use is 1 capsule daily.