LAST UPDATED DECEMBER 2021
Our use of your data: We typically use your personal information in order to fulfil an order you place with us, to monitor website activity, to personalise your experience and for marketing purposes.
Marketing: We rely on a legitimate commercial interest to use your personal data for our marketing purposes which we consider does not unduly impact your rights. You may ask us to stop sending you marketing information at any time.
Sharing: We may share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the group. We will not share your data with third parties with the purpose of allowing them to market their goods or services to you unless we expressly ask for your permission to do so.
Security: We respect the security of your data and treat it in accordance with the law.
Your Rights: You have rights in respect of your data, for more information, see sections 21-24 of this policy.
Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub via the Website. This definition incorporate, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Data Protection Laws||any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations and secondary legislation;|
|GDPR||The UK General Data Protection Regulation;|
|Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub, we or us||Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 06418561 whose registered office is at 162 Baslow Road, Totley, South Yorkshire, S17 4DR;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive)(Amendment) Regulation 2018;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, https://www.supplementhub.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub is the “data controller.” This means that Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact information such as email address and telephone numbers;
c. demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
d. financial information such as credit/debit card numbers;
e. IP address (automatically collected);
f. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
g. operating system (automatically collected);
h. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you;
b. data is received from other sources; and
c. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example, when you:
a. contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means;
b. purchase products through the Website;
c. register for an account;
d. place an order online or over the phone;
e. make changes to or cancel an order;
f. make a complaint;
g. sign up to our newsletters;
h. submit reviews or choose to complete surveys we have sent you;
i. engage with us via social media;
j. enter our competitions, prize draws or promotions;
k. use our Customer Service team;
l. complete a form;
m. use our live chat facility;
n. browse the website (see the section on Cookies below);
Data that is received from third parties
8. Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
a. Google Analytics
Data that is collected automatically
9. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to the Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the data, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie setting on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
10. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products/services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
11. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
12. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email, we will need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft opt-in:
a. soft-opt in consent is a specific type of consent that applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under “soft opt-in” consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we will provide.
c. if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed “Your rights” below.
13. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request to enter into such a contract.
14. We may use your Data to show you Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub adverts other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your Data to show you Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub adverts other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the section headed “Cookies” below).
Who we share Data with
15. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. Any of our group companies or affiliates - to ensure the proper administration of our website and business;
b. Our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to optimise the service we provide based on our user data and to obtain advice from professional advisors;
c. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly;
d. third-party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
e. relevant authorities - to facilitate the detection of crime or the collection of taxes or duties;
Keeping Data secure
16. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you
b. we store your Data on secure servers
c. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
17. Technical and organisational measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss of unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit https://www.getsafeonline.org/. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
20. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
21. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information that we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
22. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address: email@example.com.
23. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to how your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
24. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Storing your information and deleting it
26. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in our retention policy which is available from our compliance team.
27. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
28. In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Changes to business ownership and control
30. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
31. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
33. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
34. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
35. This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that Users are finding what they are looking for easily.|
|Functionality cookies||These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).|
|Targeting cookies||These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.|
36. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
37. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
38. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to personalisation settings.
39. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
40. For more information generally on Cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete Cookies from your computer.
43. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
44. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of the Netherlands. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Amsterdam.
You may contact Functional Nutrition (EU) BV trading as Supplement Hub by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This privacy notice was last updated on December 6th, 2021. The date at the top of this page will be amended each time this policy is updated.